We are one week away from the next Vintage Street Market in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Bailey & James is excited to share more lovely treasures with you and your home. Today I have a fabulous bench facelift to share and a little preview of what you will find at the booth on June 14.
I picked up this lovely bench while doing some thrifting therapy. It was pretty beat up, but had solid bones. I always inspect my furniture purchases for two things:
1. Is it sturdy? If it's not, inspect to see if a simple tightening or a couple new parts will fix the issue or if it's beyond repair.
2. Is it solid wood? No one wants a piece of laminate furniture that was painted. Plus solid wood pieces hold up against the normal wear and tear of use. Which is way more practical for furniture that will be shared with your family and friends in your home.
Here's what we started with...
Here's what I did...
1. Lightly sanded
2. Cleaned the bench with some warm water and Murphy's Oil
3. Gave it a coat of primer (let dry overnight)
4. Gave it a light coat of Rejuvenate green in mate finish by Behr
5. Second coat of paint (Let it dry overnight)
6. Take a sanding sponge and rough up the edges for that shabby chic look
7. I sprayed the bench down with a light coat of clear lacquer
I just love how it turned out! I really wanted to keep this little guy, so that's why I'm here to announce that you can buy this beautiful bench at Bailey & Jame's booth on June 14 at the Vintage Street Market. I have to hold myself accountable or it will stay right where it's at!
In addition to the bench, there are some other lovely pieces pictured that are up for sale too.
Here's what's for sale...
White shabby chic bowl- Perfect little bowl for an entry way catch all
Succulent planters- We have a variety of cute little succulent planters to choose from all in unique vintage vases and pots.
Look at the details on that bench...dreamy
Message board- Perfect for a kitchen, bedroom, or entry way! Post messages, cards, pictures, or use it to display your necklace collection. You can hang it by the rope or right from the frame.
Vintage Bike "Enjoy the Ride" Print- Perfect little print for your biking enthusiast or for someone fun loving!
Metal Lanterns- These little lanterns have plenty of character! Inside or outside, they will add some charm to your space.
Well that is it for now! There are lots more goodies than what is pictured above, so be sure to stop by and say hi at the booth next Sunday!
You're invited to join us....
Bailey & James will be at the Grand Rapids Vintage Street Market on
Sunday, June 14, 2015
10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
435 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503